Topology and Asset Discovery for PROFINET Guideline
This Guideline is a successor of Topology and Engineering Discovery (TED) Guideline whose primary objective was to describe pieces of information, which were needed to be present in the devices, to be able to detect topology and to provide the topology information to a device/tool that requests it. This objective is still valid as a necessary functionality for the broader scope of a Plant-level Topology and Asset Discovery.
This version of the guideline shows the discovery of all assets used in a plant as long as they are either modelled as
- Network components (bridge or switch),
- PROFINET controller or device with its modules, submodules and channels,
- Assets (software or firmware, hardware or both) that are accessible through PROFINET devices.
Regarding TED a common level of features supported by the nodes, which ensure that a consistent set of information is provided by all the nodes connected in the network is described here.
V 2.1 improves the Topology detection via Read Record service:
- Added section 6.3: Basics for topology discovery for Read Record service
- Updated section 7.2: Mapping MIBs to record
- Added section 7.3.2: TED controller algorithm for Read Record service
- Added section 7.4.2: Topology example via Read Record service
Order No.: 7.182