- Standard PROFINET IO device or promiscuous operating mode
- Data flow modelling between IT and OT network with Node-RED
- OPC UA / MQTT communication to IT and OT network
- Trusted platform due to secure boot and encrypted SSL/TLS communications
- REST API access to OT device/diagnosis/network functions with cloud connectors (optional)
- Docker for additional container-encapsulated user applications
netIOT Edge Gateways securely connect automation networks with Cloud or IoT directed application. As field devices they exchange cyclic IO data with the PLC and communicate furthermore with IoT capable field devices over OPC UA or MQTT directly. This real-time field data build the basis for intelligent IoT applications of cyber-physical processes in ERP/CRM systems in modern M2M enterprise solutions.
Integrated security mechanisms such as physical separation of the OT network and the IT network, a trusted operating system, the execution of signed firmware and packets only and the usage of encryption techniques of the latest standards are securing the data integrity and protecting against any kind of data theft.
The web based IoT wiring editor Node-RED serves to configure the data flow in the devices. Data apps and profiles are created herein in minutes with over 70 predefined function blocks called „nodes“. Features in addition to this set for the otherwise closed gateways are available on demand as netIOT Service products. Available are native cloud connectors to specific cloud solutions for post installation or services such as software adaptions and many more.