COMX 51CA-RE - Communication Module for PROFINET I/O Device
- Complete PROFINET I/O Device interface including network connector
- Supports PROFINET Conformance Class C and Netload Class 3
- Host connection via Dual-Port Memory or SPI
- One hardware for all Real-Time Ethernet slave protocols
- Allows one baseboard design for all networks
- Firmware update via integrated WebServer
The comX communication module has been designed to be integrated into automation devices with demanding communication tasks, like robot controllers, PLCs or drives. The communication protocol will be executed autonomously on the module, independent of the host processor of the automation device. The process data is exchanged via a Dual-Port-Memory that is accessed either by an 8-/16-bit bus interface or via a 50MHz SPI interface.
comX 51 supports all major Real-Time Ethernet protocols as slave and covers all network-specific demands in just one single module. To support a line topology, the module is equipped with two Ethernet ports. A change of the communication protocol can be done by simply loading a different firmware
comX 51 has been certified for PROFINET Version 2.31 and fulfills the highest Conformance Class C and the highest Netload Class III.