CIFX – PC cards for PROFINET I/O Controller
- Certified PROFINET IRT Controller with highest Netload Class 3
- Supports Isochronous Application (IRT) and Media Redundancy (MRP)
- One hardware for all Real-Time Ethernet protocols as Master and Slave
· Supports all major industrial protocols
· Supports all common PC card formats
· Same application interface and configuration tool for all networks
The cifX PC card family is the unified standard supporting all Real-Time Ethernet and Fieldbus systems as master or slave. cifX covers all network-specific demands in just one PC-card and is equipped with two Ethernet ports to support line topology.
The protocol stack is executed autonomously on the PC card and process data exchange with the host is done via Dual-Port-Memory or DMA (Direct Memory Access). A change of the communication protocol can be done by simply loading a different firmware.
Thanks to the common Hilscher Platform Strategy, all PC cards use the same driver and tools - independent of protocol and card format. A complete software package, consisting of one FDT-based configuration tool (IEC standard) for all products and networks, loadable firmware, documentation and a driver tool-kit, is always included in the scope of delivery.
cifX with PROFINET IRT Controller has been certified for Version 2.33 and fulfills the highest Conformance Class and the highest Netload Class III.